If you have been looking for ways to improve your weight loss program, or simply seeking ways to enhance your sex drive naturally, then you might probably have encountered the term TRT in your discovery journey. Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) is one of the hottest topics in the medicinal field due to the promising results it can deliver, especially to aging male patients and those suffering from Low T or hypogonadism.
As it was taught in our human anatomy class, testosterone is a hormone that is responsible for many of physical characteristics of men, such as an increase in height, body and pubic hair growth, and enhanced in libido both in men and women. As we get old, our testosterone level also decreases, though its effects can be curtailed through TRT.
If you are looking to undergo a TRT session soon, make sure to check out these key takeaways of the info graphic below from Ehormones, which details the top amazing facts you should know about Testosterone Replacement Therapy.
- Testosterone is the hormone that stimulates that growth of male features. As we age, our T-Level also decreases, which results in decreased sex drive, hair loss, etc.
- Testosterone was first synthesized in 1935. However, intramuscular undecanoate injections, which is the primary testosterone ester used by most clinics these days, wasn’t introduced in Europe and the United States until the new millennium.
- TRT has been proven to provide several powerful benefits to male patients, including but not limited to increased sex drive, improved muscle gain and decreased body fat, and improved mood and concentration.
- Many menopausal women are also using it to improve their libido.
- TRT is available in many forms, including oral tablets, buccal patches, injections, and gels.
- TRT is designed to be a long-term therapy for maximum efficacy.
If you want to learn more about TRT and the significant benefits it can deliver, check out the infographic below.