Did you just get a new pair of prescription eyeglasses from your local optician? If you want to get the best use out of them, then you need to keep them clean. Use the tips in this blog to start keeping your glasses clean today.
Always Have a Cleaning Cloth for Your Glasses Handy
If you always have a cleaning cloth handy and a little water ready, you can clean your glasses wherever you are. A small bottle of water will do since you won’t need very much for your eyeglasses. Here are the best places to stow it away:
- In your nightstand.- This is convenient at bedtime or upon just waking up in the morning.
- In your desk – This will make for a better workday. After all, how much can you get done if you can’t see out of your glasses.
- In your glove compartment. – It’s always best to drive with a clean pair of glasses. Clean your glasses before you start driving for the day or just before you drive home. Never attempt to clean your glasses while you are driving.
- By your kitchen sink – You have water right there. The cloth will allow you to clean your glasses anytime you are in the kitchen.
- In your medicine cabinet – This is a good spot to stow away a cloth in the bathroom.
- In your purse – Cleaning your glasses on the go is a piece of cake if you have a cleaning cloth in your purse.
- In your briefcase – If you have a briefcase, throw a cleaning cloth in there.
Avoid Touching Your Lenses if Possible
If you want to keep your glasses looking clean as long as possible, then keep your fingers off of your lenses. Instead, handle your frames when taking your glasses on and off. This will keep the oils in your skin off of your glasses and keep them smudge free. You can also use a cloth when taking off your glasses if avoiding direct contact with your glasses proves difficult.
Always Use Cool Water to Clean Your Glasses
Warm water is no good for your lenses and neither is hot water. You see, hot water can ruin your frames, so keep it off your glasses. Only use cool to lukewarm water on your glasses when you’re cleaning them. This will keep your glasses in good condition for years to come.
What to Avoid When Cleaning Your Glasses
- Using your shirt to clean your glasses – Your shirt will just make your glasses dirt and could possible scratch the lenses.
- Using warm water to clean your glasses – Using warm water on your glasses can ruin the coating on your frames.
- Using a paper towel to clean your glasses – Paper towels can scratch your glasses and leave a fine layer of paper on your glasses. This is a no go for sure.
- Using household cleaning agents to clean your glasses.
- Using a towel to dry your glasses – This will scratch your glasses for sure. Don’t even think of doing it.
This guest post was written by Chai. at:
The Eye Man Optical
2201 SE Indian St # I82, Stuart, FL 34997