You may have never heard of dental implants, or you might know them well but still need some information about how they work and why you might need them for your smile. Either way, this article will give you all the basic information you need to help you understand this great alternative to traditional teeth replacement options like dentures or bridges, as well as help you understand if you are a good candidate for dental implants in Omaha, NE, or elsewhere! Let’s get started!
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are an excellent option for people who have lost teeth due to injury, tooth decay, or gum disease. They can be used to replace a single tooth or multiple teeth, and they can also be used to provide support for dentures. By replacing missing teeth, dental implants can help you enjoy more foods and beverages by eliminating the inconvenience of chewing on one side of your mouth. Plus, with dental implants, you’ll feel confident in your smile again!
How do they work?
Dental implants are metal posts that are implanted into the jawbone where teeth are missing. The post is attached to a dental crown, which is placed over the top of it to create a new tooth. There is no need for bone grafting, which can often be required with other types of tooth replacements, so recovery time for dental implants is quicker.
Benefits of Dental Implantation
- A dental implant can help you to chew better, avoid jawbone deterioration, and improve your self-esteem.
- A dental implant is a great investment in your oral health that can last you a lifetime!
- Cosmetic dentistry has advanced significantly over the past few years, so if you’re considering implants for cosmetic reasons, there are many options available to suit every taste and budget.
- If you’ve been suffering from bad breath or have had problems with gum disease, implants may be the best option for restoring your mouth’s health.
- As long as you take care of them by practicing good hygiene, dental implants should last at least 15 years before they need to be replaced.
In conclusion, dental implants are the best treatment option for those who want a more natural-looking tooth. They offer many benefits over other types of dental restorations, such as crowns or dentures. If you would like to learn more about dental implants, please visit our website!