Invisalign aligners are a set of ‘invisible’ dental aligners that are used in place of the traditional braces. They are basically a modern way of aligning the teeth without wires. These are used to align teeth, significantly reduce teeth gaps and take care of crowded teeth. This treatment is done for six to eighteen months depending on the severity of the misalignment, where the Invisalign aligner is interchanged after a period of every two weeks. The patient is advised to wear them for at least 22hours in a day, meaning they will be required to sleep in them.
Invisalign aligners providers in every corner of the globe have reported that the reason why people opt to have Invisalign aligners installed is solely for cosmetic purposes.
The first step to seeking this procedure is visiting a dentist. The dentist will have a look at the dental formula and see if having an Invisalign aligner is the best option. This is because, in the case of severe misalignment, Invisalign aligners might not work properly and traditional braces might be the better option.
BENEFITS TO USING THE INVISALIGN ALIGNERS OVER TRADITIONAL BRACES
There are a few advantages of using the Invisalign aligners over the traditional braces
- One of the major advantages of using the Invisalign aligners is that nobody has to know that you are straightening your teeth. They are colorless so they are typically invisible to the naked eye.
- When using Invisalign aligners, you can easily take them off so that you can eat food and clean your teeth. With Invisalign aligners, you could practically eat anything.
- They are also easily removable and can be cleaned with the same ease.
- Invisalign aligners are smooth and comfortable to wear.
On the other hand, there are cons to using the Invisalign aligners
- They are expensive. In as much as they are effective, they are also more expensive as compared to traditional braces.
- There are instances where Invisalign aligners will not work as effectively as traditional braces. When there is severe overcrowding, traditional braces will work better.
- Another challenge to having Invisalign aligners is you will have to have some sort of lifestyle change. If you are a frequent cigarette, coffee or red wine consumer, there will be some staining on the aligners and that may interfere with the adhesive.
- There are also a few cases of mild allergic reactions that have been reported. The plastic that is used to make the Invisalign aligners can cause a few reactions. If the aligners do not adjust well in a few days, talk to your dentist to have a change of treatment.
The best thing about Invisalign aligners is that they are fit for any person despite their gender or age. They will straighten your teeth while boosting confidence since there are no embarrassing visuals of braces.
Every orthodontic patient has their own unique issue and it is advised to seek a dentist’s opinion to know whether or not Invisalign aligners will be the best form of treatment for you.