Addiction rehab for alcohol dependents and addicts addresses the medical conditions and serious health risks that are possible with alcohol addiction. An individual is at risk of medical problems as well as alcohol-related illnesses. There are various illnesses that have causal connections with alcohol consumption and drinking. The growing drinking problem has become a nationality priority in Canada and has continuously affected the economy with billions of losses per year.
Addiction Rehab and Alcoholism in Canada
The National Alcohol Strategy of Canada is a framework that identifies the salient elements of alcohol and its effects in the very core of the Canadian society. There are recommendations for Canadian Addiction Rehab services and treatments for the reduction of alcohol-related repercussions. The serious health conditions that are linked to alcohol abuse and dependency are alarming proofs of the continuous and pressing problem that affects Canadians across socioeconomic and age groups.
Here are some of the health conditions in relation to alcohol consumption:
- Alcoholic hepatitis and liver diseases
- Fetal alcohol syndrome
- Toxicity and poisoning
- Alcohol dependence syndrome
- Psychotic tendencies due to alcohol abuse
- Nervous system degeneration
- Newborn diseases in relation to maternal alcohol addiction and use
- Myopathy, cardiomyopathy, and polyneuropathy
- Alcoholic gastritis
National Alcohol Strategy
A comprehensive addiction rehab program for alcohol addiction integrates the importance of the National Alcohol Strategy in Canada. This framework observes numerous principles specifically in pointing out that alcohol misuse is definitely an alarming public health issue. Social and other significant factors shape alcohol abuse and successful responses for the reduction of alcohol-related harm include prevention, health promotion, treatment, enforcement, and harm reduction approaches.
Risky Drinking Practices
Addiction rehab for alcoholics is necessary if you are too far gone with your addiction. However, it could be prevented if you know how to avoid the risky drinking practices that have been identified by the national drinking guidelines. These practices include the following:
- Going overboard with your alcohol consumption and drinking more than your standard drinks per week
- Drinking more than 1 drink in an hourly basis
- Drinking and driving
- Underage drinking
- Using alcohol as a way of coping with negative outlook in life and dealing with difficulties
- Consuming alcohol before or during work
- Consuming alcohol while you are on medication or taking other prescribed or illicit drugs
- Drinking to the extent of getting intoxicated and deliberately doing the act
- Taking alcohol before and during physical activities or sports
- Overconsumption of alcohol based on the standard number of drinks for men and women
Addiction rehab treatment facilities focus on alcohol addiction as an alarming type of substance abuse. Numerous individuals are struggling with alcoholism and while it is a socially acceptable norm to drink, getting intoxicated and habitual drinking is not tolerated. Alcoholic addiction is one of the top culprits that cause crimes and accidents, sometimes fatal ones. Contact an alcohol treatment expert now.
Meta Description: Addiction rehab offers the facility and treatment program for alcohol addicts and dependents. Learn how you can put an end to your addiction today.