Macadamia nuts are very healthy when consumed in moderation. With 687 kcal per 100 grams, the Australian nuts contain many calories but are also characterized by a high content of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids. One of the reasons why unsaturated fatty acids are considered healthy is that they can lower the body’s harmful LDL cholesterol. According to studies, regular but moderate macadamia consumption and other nuts can help reduce cholesterol levels permanently.
Macadamia nuts also contain numerous minerals and trace elements. The nuts provide potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, and phosphorus. Calcium and phosphorus are needed by the body to build and maintain bones. Macadamia nuts in bulk also contain plenty of fiber, which is vital for digestion.
So that the macadamia nut’s health effects can develop fully, you should consume the mostly vacuum-packed nuts as quickly as possible. If the packaging is opened, the nuts can quickly spoil and become rancid due to their high-fat content. Macadamia nuts are also susceptible to mold infestation. If you have opened a nut package, you should keep it in a well-sealable container and check at regular intervals whether the nuts are still edible.
This Is Why Macadamia Nuts Are So Crucial For A Healthy Diet.
- Support the intestine during digestion: The high fiber content (16 g to 100 g) makes you full and ensures a variety of good intestinal bacteria in the long term, helping the intestine absorb essential nutrients better transport harmful substances and toxins away more quickly.
- Protect the heart: the high proportion of healthy unsaturated fatty acids like omega 3ensures a stable cholesterol level and preserves the blood vessels’ elasticity. This makes them excellent protection against arterial sclerosis.
- Prevent aging processes. The high vitamin E content (100 g of the nuts contain around 12% of the daily requirement) protects the cells from free radicals. And with it before inflammation in the body and disease. Free radicals are metabolic waste products that accelerate the aging process by damaging the cell structure. Also, vitamin E prevents the formation of wrinkles and thus also ensures a dermatologicalAnti-aging effect.
- Strengthen the muscles and nerves: The high magnesium content of macadamia nuts ensures that the muscles function optimally and do not cramp easily. Which also has a positive effect on the heart muscle. Magnesium also calms the nerves. The high proportion of various B vitamins, especially B1, intensifies this effect.
- Support the brain: Again, the high proportion of unsaturated fatty acids is the reason, especially the omega 7 fatty acid palmitoleic acid. This fatty acid is a vital component of myelin, a bio membrane that protects the brain from neurodegenerative diseases and mental disorders. Additionally, crank the richly contained copper and the vitamin B1 Thiamine the brainpower
- Strengthen the bones: like all nuts, the macadamia nut is rich in phosphorus and calcium, with low sodium content. This combination prevents the demineralization of the bones. (But only if you enjoy the macadamia nut salt-free).
- Help you lose weight: On the one hand, the high proportion of fiber ensures a quick and long-lasting satiety feeling. On the other hand, the unsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E reduce inflammation in the body.