If you face skin issues like wrinkles, skin pigmentation, sunspots, or freckles and looking for safe and nonsurgical skin treatment, the IPL or Intense Pulsed Light treatment is the best option.
What is IPL Skin Treatment?
An IPL treatment utilizes the different wavelengths of light pulses to address skin problems. As the light penetrates the cells in the skin’s second layer, it converts to heat that burns extra pigment in the cells. The different wavelengths of light pulses can target different skin issues, which result in healthy and younger-looking skin.
What Are the Different Benefits of IPL treatment?
Aside from being a safe procedure, an IPL treatment Sarasota also offers the following health benefits.
- IPL treatment can remove spots of different colors like black, gray, and brown as it uses different wavelengths of pulsed light. While some wavelengths work well on darker spots, others can target the lighter ones.
- IPL treatment also reactivates dormant collagen, which brings out a new array of healthy cells that replace wrinkled and spotty older cells. Its result leads to a younger skin that is baby soft, spotless, and tight.
- IPL can also be beneficial to other parts of the body besides the face. It can address multiple spots of sun damage on different body parts for a more even and youthful appearance.
- IPL treatment can also be utilized for hair removal, aside from addressing skin pigmentation. The intense pulsed light can also heat hair follicles and stop hair growth.
Does The Skin Need To Prepare for the IPL Treatment?
The skin must be groomed so that there will not be scars later. The following ways can prepare the skin for the IPL treatment.
- Avoid the sun for 15 days before the treatment.
- Do not undergo other cosmetic procedures like tanning and botox lips. It is also essential to avoid threading the area where the treatment will be done.
- Avoid retinol-based products and ensure that the doctor is informed about the medications you are using.
IPL Skin treatment is generally a safe cosmetic procedure, but one should not be taking it if they face certain health issues that can lead to blood thinning and bleeding. It is also not recommended for pregnant women and people suffering from other chronic health issues.
If you want to learn more about IPL treatment, you can visit Aire MedSpa on their official website and book an appointment by calling 941-541-4166.