FUE or Follicular Unit Extraction is the latest hair transplant technique and involves a process that is fastidious, done by highly-skilled surgeons in Melbourne who are fully trained in the procedure and who understand how hair is naturally designed. For hair replacement or restoration (and have it looking as natural as it was before it began to fall out) taking into account how it should look as you age, the surgeon has to have multiple skills. Hair restoration specialists in Australia believe that by opting for this method you will be astonished by the hair results brought about without much pain and virtually no scarring.
Fue Hair Transplants In A Nutshell
There are two main hair transplant techniques used in restoration: the FUE method and the FUT (Follicular Unit Transplant) method. The main difference between FUT and FUE is the the appearance of the donor area, the way the units are extracted, and the quantity of grafts that can be taken. Both the cost and the way both techniques are prepared, created and placed in the chosen site on the scalp is more or less the same.
Using FUE, the hair transplant surgeon will carefully extract individual hair grafts from the chosen harvesting sites using an instrument to make tiny, circular incisions (about 1mm) in the scalp around a group of follicles to separate it from the tissue around it. The surgeon will do this until the right amount of hair grafts are harvested and these follicles are preserved by placing them in a solution after they’ve been sectioned off.
The surgeon will then prepare the site where the grafts will be placed, by making tiny incisions in the scalp using a fine needle or scalpel. The grafts are then carefully transplanted into the site according to the natural angle of the existing hair, the density, and pattern of growth. Because of the meticulous process, FUE takes longer to perform, so more than one short session is necessary.
Advantages of FUE Hair Transplant
- Surgeons use up-to-date instruments that ensure the hair follicles survive.
- The scalp will be more or less scar-free because the there are no incisions made to the donor area and the only marks being tiny, white, pitted scars that are virtually invisible to the naked eye.
- The surgeon can yield up to 1500 grafts, following international standards proven to result to high numbers of grafts.
- You can have the FUE technique even if you’ve had a FUT (Follicular Unit Transplant) before.
- It doesn’t matter whether you want long, medium or short hair. FUE is a great hair restoration procedure; you can even wear an almost shaved look.
- FUE is not as invasive as other techniques so there is a lessened chance of infection, inflammation and damage to the nerves in the scalp. It also means a faster recovery time.
Fue Hair Transplant Costs
In Australia you can receive from 200 to 3,500 FUE grafts with the cost rising for each one hundred. FUT strips cost about the same. For example, for FUE:
- For 200 grafts the cost is about: $ 3,940
- For 1,000 grafts the cost is about: $10,100
- For 3500 grafts the cost is about: $26,950
What Makes FUE A Good Choice For Hair Transplants?
What’s great about FUE is that the hair transplant surgeon can cherry pick the grafts needed for the best results. The surgeon will select only the finer hair for the hairline and thicker grafts for more dense areas which allows for custom designs following the natural hair growth. The surgeon is assisted by the best medical team to ensure the integrity of your hair grafts.
Before And After Your Hair Transplant
The FUE hair transplant technique can create a very natural looking head of hair. This is because it allows the surgeon to pick the right amount of follicles in the hair graft which will be most suitable for the intended site. There are no dots or scars with FUE so you can choose to have the shortest hairstyle you want, or grow it longer, which gives you more choice and versatility.
How long does it take to heal?
If you compare the time it takes to heal using FUE rather than FUT hair transplant techniques, there’s a major difference. FUE takes drastically less time than FUT. With FUE, the minute puncture marks close up after only two to three days and a complete healing occurs after only seven to 10 days. Any redness or scabbing clears up and FUE patients can go straight back to their daily routine after the procedure, providing they don’t do anything strenuous for a month.
More questions about Hair transplant? Visit one of our clinics in Melbourne or Perth.
Bioscor International Melbourne
182 Huntingdale Rd, Oakleigh East VIC 3166, Australia
+61 3 9544 7429
Bioscor International Perth
190 Hay St, East Perth WA 6004
(08) 9380 6868