Exercise and diet seem to be the most commonly hyped recipe for successful weight loss, with an emphasis on exercise. In this day and age, not everyone has endless hours available to spend at the gym, so here’s the question we are all secretly asking ourselves: is physical activity really that important? The answer is no, it is not. Here is how you can lose weight without exercise.
The first thing you need to take into consideration is, of course, your diet. There are some general guidelines of what a healthy diet consists of, the main one being: eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. They will fill you up without adding too many unnecessary calories to your daily intake. The second one is: drink plenty of water. It fills you up, keeps you hydrated and at the same time aids digestion by boosting your metabolism. Last but not least: do not completely exclude ANY food group. You need protein to build muscle, carbohydrates for energy and certain types of fats to absorb vitamins and minerals.
As said previously, diet is the main factor of successful weight loss, so here are some tips on how to make the changes so they bring you as many benefits as possible.
- – You may not always have the access to fresh and organic fruits and vegetables. Yes, they are the best, but this should not be an excuse for you to drop your diet altogether. You can get frozen fruits and vegetables in most stores and they are a good enough alternative that makes your meals a bit healthier, more varied and exciting.
- – You do not have to drink only water. You can opt for unsweetened tea instead.
- – When it comes to the types of food you eat, make sure that you chose lean protein, avoid trans fats and make sure that your main sources of carbohydrates come from whole grain products.
HOW TO BOOST YOUR METABOLISM?
Fast metabolism can aid greatly in weight loss. Some people have it naturally but no worries if you don’t, it can be boosted with the right changes. First of all, make sure you include omega 3 fatty acids in your diet. They lower the insulin levels in the body, which prevents fat from being stored, it is used in the metabolic process instead. Drink plenty of green tea, it contains a special component, catechin, which increases the energy that is used for digestion, essentially burning more calories. Speaking of calories, make sure your caloric intake does not go below your basal metabolic rate (you can calculate it here: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/ ) as that will slow down your metabolism. Make sure you eat plenty of healthy snacks between your main meals and that you drink enough water. Lastly, exclude as many trans fats from your diet as possible. They are also known as the “bad fats” and can change your body’s biochemistry so it slows down the fat burning process. These are just a few natural ways of boosting your metabolism, but you can also give it a kickstart by using supplements.
THE BEST SUPPLEMENTS
Essentially, the whole point of supplements is that they reduce appetite, reduce absorption of fat and increase fat burning. In one phrase: they boost your metabolism so you can lose weight more quickly. There is a wide variety of different supplements available on the market so here is a couple that according to research show the best results.
- – HYDROXYCUT – main ingredients include caffeine and several plant based extracts. Caffeine acts as a stimulant and appetite suppressor and according to research, it can cause a 21 lbs weight loss over a period of three months. It, however, is not a good option for everyone, especially individuals that have high caffeine sensitivity.
- – ALLI (ORLISTAT) – works by breaking down already ingested fats. Studies show that compared to placebo, it increases weight loss by 6 pounds. There are some side effects that can include reduced blood pressure, loose stools and frequent bowel movements but these can be minimised with a low-fat diet.
- – GREEN COFFEE BEAN EXTRACT – main ingredients include caffeine and chlorogenic acid, the latter slows down the breakdown of carbs in the gut. Studies show that compared to placebo, it increases weight loss by 5.4 lbs. It is not recommended for people with high sensitivity to caffeine and there have been a few cases of allergic reactions.
More information on supplements can be found on http://www.caloriesfit.com/lose-20-pounds-2-weeks-10-simple-steps/
In short, weight loss is possible without exercise. All it takes are determination and a few key changes in your diet.